Sanford Health Summer Intern- Foundation Communications - Sioux Falls, SD in Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Job Title: Summer Intern- Foundation Communications - Sioux Falls, SD
City: Sioux Falls
Department : HR Academic Affairs - Intern Program
Job Schedule: PRN
Hours Per Shift: Other
Contribute to Sanford operations and processes while obtaining first hand experiences that align with the mission, vision, and values of the organization. Work collaboratively with organization leadership, enhancing knowledge and skills and improving the delivery of quality healthcare. Assist in the completion of projects and administrative duties while developing skills related to the assigned function and/or location. Attend training and development opportunities, learning about various processes and functions within the organization.
Demonstrates an ability to meet own responsibilities. Describes opportunities for taking initiative in the organization. Demonstrates the ability to respond to change. Demonstrates an expectation that there will be ongoing shifts in demands and priorities. Identifies tasks or outputs that require accuracy and detail-level attention. Delivers formal and informal stand-up presentations or demos to audiences of all kinds. Demonstrates the ability to speak, write and present clearly. Demonstrates a basic understanding of organizational project management practices and tools. Researches business related data and generates and interprets basic analytics. Collaborates with departmental associates and management.
As the fundraising arm of Sanford Health, the Sanford Health Foundation works to inspire the spirit of giving and connect donors to Sanford’s mission of health and healing. You’ll join the Foundation's Communications team and gain priceless experience in non-profit communications/marketing in a fast-paced environment. he Foundation's social media accounts by creating monthly posting plan; writing and scheduling posts; gathering and reporting analytics. Interview donors and patients (in person, via email, phone or video); writing stories that persuade readers to become donors or renew giving to the Foundation. Assist with monthly e-newsletters. Create and update website content. Write copy for brochures, postcards, direct mail letters, etc. Potential unexpected activities may include: creating marketing plans; photography; minor graphic design projects; event support.
• Applicants should have strong communication skills, especially writing skills and a variety of writing experience (must share published material with application or bring to interview). Must be able to adjust voice and messaging to align with that of the Sanford Health Foundation. Must be open to feedback on written projects and be able to learn from and apply it to future work.
• Applicants should have experience with, and enjoy, meeting new people, interviewing people of all backgrounds and being able to share those stories. Must be outgoing, personable and friendly.
• Must have experience with different social media platforms and how to adjust messaging based on audience.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Must be a Junior or Senior pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in communications, journalism or marketing or an immediate graduate having received one of the previously listed majors.
• Must be able to commit to the hours Scheduled during the 12 week internship.Current enrollment or recent graduate of an Associate's or Bachelor's degree program from an accredited college or university.
Knowledge of healthcare industry preferred. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
About Sanford Health:
At Sanford Health, we are dedicated to the work of health and healing.
Every day, we show that commitment by delivering the highest quality of care to the communities we serve.
We are leaders in health care and strive to provide patients across the region with convenient access to expert medical care, leading-edge technologies and world-class facilities.
In addition to strong clinical care, we are also committed to research, education and community growth.
We engage in medical research to not only discover innovative ways to provide care, but also cures for common diseases.
We continuously seek new ways to achieve our vision of improving the human condition here in your community, across the region and around the world.
The entire team at Sanford Health recognizes the value of healthy families and communities.
We continue to gain momentum and expand our reach. Together, we can make a positive difference now, and in the future.
Sanford is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request an accommodation for help with your online application,
please call 1-877-673-0854 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
City: Sioux Falls
Job Function: Students and Interns
Job Schedule: PRN
Req Number: WD03185