Sanford Health Summer Intern - Finance in Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Job Title: Summer Intern | Finance | Sioux Falls
City: Sioux Falls
Department : Finance - Analysts - Sioux Falls
Job Schedule: PRN
Hours Per Shift: Other
Contribute to Sanford operations and processes while obtaining first hand experiences that align with the mission, vision, and values of the organization. Work collaboratively with organization leadership, enhancing knowledge and skills and improving the delivery of quality healthcare. Assist in the completion of projects and administrative duties while developing skills related to the assigned function and/or location. Attend training and development opportunities, learning about various processes and functions within the organization.
Demonstrates a basic understanding of organizational project management practices and tools. Demonstrates the ability to speak, write and present clearly. Delivers formal and informal stand-up presentations or demos to audiences of all kinds. Identifies tasks or outputs that require accuracy and detail-level attention. Demonstrates an expectation that there will be ongoing shifts in demands and priorities. Demonstrates the ability to respond to change. Describes opportunities for taking initiative in the organization. Demonstrates an ability to meet own responsibilities.
This internship will support Financial Analysts, Managers, Directors, and Sr. Director with budgeting and financial analysis. Intern will work with operations in evaluating new initiatives, and will assist in updating capital prioritization/management projects. Intern will help with analyzing month-end financial statements, while developing critical thinking and communication skills.
• Will assist in all aspects of the annual budget.
• Will participate in one-on-one mentor sessions.
• Will assist with ad hoc financial and statistical analysis.
• Will work with operations in evaluating new initiatives.
• Will assist in updating capital prioritization/management projects.
• Will assist department with month-end review of income statement and balance sheet reports.
• General understanding of accounting principles and standards is required. This individual must have the ability to interpret financial and accounting data.
• Must be self-directed, autonomous and yet able to work well with multiple individuals on a regular basis. Strong communication skills required.
• Must have critical thinking, problem solving, and analytical skills.
• Must be able to communicate with all levels of employees, both orally and in writing.
• Limited travel around town may be expected, as well as flexibility in schedule.
• Time management and interpersonal skills are essential.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite is vital.
• Must be able to commit to the hours scheduled during the 12 week internship.
Current enrollment or recent graduate of an Associate's or Bachelor's degree program from an accredited college or university.
Knowledge of healthcare industry preferred. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
About Sanford Health:
At Sanford Health, we are dedicated to the work of health and healing.
Every day, we show that commitment by delivering the highest quality of care to the communities we serve.
We are leaders in health care and strive to provide patients across the region with convenient access to expert medical care,
leading-edge technologies and world-class facilities.
In addition to strong clinical care, we are also committed to research,
education and community growth. We engage in medical research to not only discover innovative ways to provide care, but also cures for common diseases.
We continuously seek new ways to achieve our vision of improving the human condition
here in your community, across the region and around the world.
The entire team at Sanford Health recognizes the value of healthy families
and communities. We continue to gain momentum and expand our reach. Together, we can make a positive difference now, and in the future.
Sanford is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request an accommodation for help with your online application,
please call 1-877-673-0854 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
City: Sioux Falls
Job Function: Student Services
Job Schedule: PRN
Req Number: WD01844